Diocesan Youth Leadership
"Let your life change the world"
Diocesan Youth Leadership is a unique leadership, formation, and pastoral training opportunity for young people in 10th-12th grade. Diocesan Youth Leadership will have representatives from our Catholic high schools and parishes to advocate for the needs of our young people. Members of Diocesan Youth Leadership will also play crucial roles in spreading the joy of the gospel through advocating youth events, joyful discipleship, and heartfelt evangelization in their local communities.
Diocesan Youth Leadership Team Requirements:
Able to attend at least one of the following Events:
the Diocesan Confirmation Retreat on Saturday, Sept. 19 in Fort Wayne
the Diocesan WYD in 2021
Willingness to arrive early and stay after the retreat to help with set up and clean up for these events
Commitment to good communication: read and respond to all emails and group messages as they are sent, and let the adult leaders know if you have a conflict with a meeting as soon as you learn about it
Commitment to live a life in accord with the teachings of Christ and the Church.
Commitment to attending the following Team Building, Formation, and Planning Meetings
1. Diocesan Youth Leadership Kick-off in July, 2020 (weekday during day)
2. Planning Meeting 1 in Early August, weekday (during day)
3. Planning Meeting 2 in Late August (Evening)
4. Planning Meeting 3 in Early September (Sunday)
5. Confirmation Retreat Set-up on Friday, Sept. 18th in Fort Wayne
6. Planning Meeting 4 in October
7. Planning Meeting 5 in November
8. Planning Meeting 6 in January, 2021
9. Planning Meeting 8 in February, 20201
* Some team members who are registered for WYD 2022 in Portugal will be asked to help plan details for the WYD 2022 pilgrimage to Portugal.
How to Get Involved:
Pastors, Chaplains, and Youth Ministers: Read the Letter to YM and share the application form with those who you would like to nominate to apply for Diocesan Youth Leadership.
Youth: should fill out a Diocesan Youth Leadership Application Form after being nominated by their school or parish.
Application Window: April 1-May 31, 2020